Well, hopefully a slightly improved look will encourage me to do a better job of writing in a way that comes across in less of a rambling, useless manner.
Some updates, just to get some brewing info in this post:
- Next week following my Friday morning MPRE test I am flying out to Colorado for another beer tour of the state. Crazy excited to see friends up there, take a vacation, drink excellent beer, see new breweries, return to some great breweries and avoid the Texas heat.
- Labor Day weekend will be another trip to Austin. The goal is to tour some of the breweries in the downtown area but let's see how not-hungover I can be.
- This weekend I plan on bottling my perry-like whatever-it-is, so if that turns out tasty I'll blog about it.
- I will bottle Dogtails 3, my brett saison soon.
- I intend on finishing up cleaning up the fridge I bought to convert into a fermentation chamber so I'll chat a little about that awesome craigslist score.
- I need to brew up my first wit, spelt saison, hatch chile blonde and Petrus aged pale clone but as mentioned repeatedly before, I am still trying to consume the tail ends of several other homebrew batches.
- I need to put together a porter and black IPA recipe for the mesquite pods I recently acquired.
- I've also been thinking for a while on a nice long post about building recipes but I haven't had the time to sit down and write it.