Belgian Blonde Partigyle Tasting Note - Brain Sparging on Brewing

Latest

Sour beer, saisons, farmhouse beer, homebrewing, ramblings

October 31, 2010

Belgian Blonde Partigyle Tasting Note



I cracked open the partigyle I made during the tutorial. I was actually pretty displeased with the results from the first few bottles I drank. Last night I put a couple bottles in the fridge and had very different results. When the beer is cold, at refrigerator temperatures, it is watery and peppery. When it is warmer, at celler temperatures, it has a fruity-spicy flavor and rather than being watery it is light but without taking away from the beer.

It’s definitely one of my least favorite beers I’ve brewed but I only have a few bottles left and I’m sure I will enjoy them a lot more now that I’ve figured out that it needs to be drank warmer than normal fridge temperatures. I enjoyed drinking a couple while I bottled an agave mead and brewed a gallon batch to try out some wild yeast I caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment