July 8, 2010

Brief update on the wild yeast experiment

At the last minute I got scared that what I had was all bacteria and no yeast, so I decided against pitching the culture I developed. Instead, I added it to the boil for a very gentle sour mash. After a very solid fermentation it appears to be done, so I'll bottle and give it a taste in a few weeks. It ended up being something of a sour mash American Wheat (with low hops). More details will follow once the bottles get cracked open.

In other news, I have a very delicious smelling Belgian Golden Strong Ale fermenting that I am very excited about. I'm also about to crack open an awesome red ale I brewed in May, so I'll give the gorey details (pun intended) shortly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment