An idea I had last night - Brain Sparging on Brewing

Latest

Sour beer, saisons, farmhouse beer, homebrewing, ramblings

February 7, 2012

An idea I had last night

I've written several times in the past about attempting to make D2-like syrups at home. I don't think any of the processed sugar-based recipes are really getting it right but I think I'm close to getting it right. I am not certain I will make this soon but I have it in mind that I will take the Old World version of the Westvleteren 12 clone recipe here with only homemade D2. The recipe is half pale malt and half pilsner malt and the rest of the fermentables is D2. No specialty malts. I will do a decoction mash.

Making the syrup is time intensive so it might take a while to put it all together. Hopefully I will get this done sometimes soon and put the recipe up here with success/failure admissions.

1 comment:

  1. Ryan just posted an in-depth experiment on candy sugar. You should check it out and see if it is similar to what you are trying.
    http://ryanbrews.blogspot.com/2012/02/candy-syrup-right-way-hint-weve-been.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RyanBrews+%28Ryan+Brews%29

    ReplyDelete