Introduction - Brain Sparging on Brewing

Latest

Sour beer, saisons, farmhouse beer, homebrewing, ramblings

June 30, 2010

Introduction

Hello!

I've been homebrewing for just short of a year now with my lovely brewing assistant. We started out brewing extract batches (as so many of us do) and now we're running an all grain set up on a stove and a swamp cooler. We mostly make our own recipes and we enjoy exploring different types of beers. Neither of us are tremendous fans of hoppy beers, so you won't see too much talk of IPAs or IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPAs or RISs. I can appreciate that people like them, I just don't happen to be one of those. I can enjoy complex and big beers as much as the next but I am not beyond enjoying or brewing session beers.

Our goals for the rest of 2010 include some DIY projects, some belgian action, and some wild/sour beers, so I'm looking forward to the outcomes of those projects and getting to share the results.

I'm working on a brown ale, red ale, a lime blonde, a chili blonde, a sour lambic-like beer, a belgian dubbel, a belgian golden strong ale, a porter, graff, cider, and as soon as it cools down a belgian blonde, several wheat beers, a milk stout and a stout.

I also post on homebrewtalk.com under the moniker "ReverseApacheMaster" so you'll also find my ramblings and (soon) recipes also posted up there. I'll post some of the recipes here as I work through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment